CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Beach etiquette

Our family went to our local beach yesterday. There were more people there than usual (I guess due to spring break). E and I laughed about some of the stuff people do at the beach and I decided that I was going to post a beach etiquette blog to help those in need of assistance.

  1. NEVER hunt for shells in front of other people. It's THEIR SPACE! From the beginning of their chairs to the end. It's just rude!
  2. Clean up after yourself. It's awful for those of us who live here to put up with people leaving trash on our beaches! Who do you think cleans it up?
  3. If you have ever had children (or have no belly/stretch marks) please don't wear a thong or tiny bikini. NO ONE WANTS TO SEE IT!!!
  4. Please don't practice PDA. Again, NO ONE WANTS TO SEE IT!! I especially don't want my kids to see it.
  5. The dunes are not to be played on. It causes erosion if you do.
  6. If there is a flag out and the board says not to swim because there are sharks in the water. DON'T SWIM ANYWAY...THERE ARE SHARKS IN THE WATER!!! You look like an idiot and no one thinks you're cool!
  7. If you are sitting close to others, please don't smoke near them. It's gross and you are bound to hear my son yell, "Who's smoking? That's gross!!"
  8. If you are sitting close to others, please don't use foul language. I don't curse in front of my kids and I sure don't want anyone else to.
  9. Try not to plop your stuff in front of others (unless there is no where else to go). Everyone wants a nice view of the ocean.
  10. Please don't come to the beach stumbling drunk...then proceed to pass out with your legs spread for all the world to see. It's just gross and we all laugh at you while you're asleep!
  11. Don't walk on the beach with flip flops near other people. It always makes the sand flip onto other people and their things.
  12. Shaking your towel out near other people is rude.
  13. Letting your children run wild is rude.
  14. Please don't leave your trash in the parking lot either...and try to leave the bathrooms as clean as you found them. You would believe the things I've seen in the pubic bathrooms at our beach during busy tourist times.

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Well, I'll be!!! You still remember how to post on your blog! :)

I am trying to find the depth in my heart to appreciate your beach pet peeves. But since I'm here in land-locked Missouri, I am finding it hard because I'd LOVE to be at the beach with you!!! But I can see your points about the etiquette. People can be so myopic.