CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Missing Emme...

If you hold back on the emotions - if you don't allow yourself to go all the way through them you can never get to being detached, you're too busy being afraid. You're afraid of the pain, you're afraid of the grief. You're afraid of the vulnerability that loving entails. But by throwing yourself into these emotions, by allowing yourself to dive in, all the way, over your head even ,you experience them fully and completely You know what pain is. You know what love is. You know what grief is. And only then can you say, "Alright I have experienced that emotion. I recognize that emotion. Now I need to detach from that emotion for a moment.

~Mitch Albom



Grief is the price we pay for love.

~Queen Elizabeth II


Grief is neither a disorder nor a healing process; it is a sign of health itself, a whole and natural gesture of love. Nor must we see grief as a step toward something better. No matter how much it hurts—and it may be the greatest pain in life—grief can be an end in itself, a pure expression of love.

~Gerald May


Tears are the silent language of grief.

~Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

~Ben Moody

Who can say for certain
Maybe you're still here
I feel you all around me
Your memory, so clear

Deep in the stillness
I can hear you speak
You're still an inspiration
Can it be

That you are my forever love
And you are watching over me from up above

Fly me up to where you are
Beyond the distant star
I wish upon tonight
To see you smile

If only for awhile
To know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are

Are you gently sleeping
Here inside my dream
And isn't faith believing
All power can't be seen

As my heart holds you
Just one beat away
I cherish all you gave me
Everyday

'Cause you are my forever love
Watching me from up above
And I believe that angels breathe
And that love will live on and never leave

Fly me up
To where you are
Beyond the distant star
I wish upon tonight
To see you smile
If only for awhile
To know you're there
A breath away not far
To where you are

I know you're there
A breath away not far
To where you are

~Richard Marx and Linda Thompson


1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Here are some of my favorite quotes on grief. I hope they speak to you and help soothe you.

"Do not let your grief be measured by his worth, for then your sorrow has no end." ~Shakespeare

“'I’d think losing a child has to be the biggest grief.' 'I’m sure it is, but what of those who were alive yet and needed her? When you forget what you have for what you’ve lost, grieving’s an indulgence.'” Nora Roberts, Heart of the Sea (I always thought this in regards to my mom.)

"You can only heal what you feel." Dr. Kenneth Haugk, Experiencing Grief.

"That night it occurred to me that I could again be 'happy,' that I was not defined only by loss and fear and grief, but also by love and joy and light. These are my gifts, the gifts that I have paid a price for. While I would never have chosen to pay that price, these are now the gifts I could not live without. I have no capacity for insincerity. It is a waste of time. I do what I do because I love the process. It would otherwise be a waste of time. I allow myself to be loved and to love others. That is worth my time." Nate Berkus

"Wear it [grief] as a badge of how well you loved. Grief is an expression that you loved well." Elizabeth Lesser, Broken Open